Monday, January 30, 2012

Blog Assignment 1

1.All About Me
I was born on December 14th, 1989 at 4:45 a.m at Spring Hill Hospital.My parents are Joseph and Tracy Eady of Perdido, AL. I have two older sisters, Tabatha Eady and Chasity Long. I have two nieces Alyssa and Aleigha Long of Perdido, AL. I am also the proud mommy of a beautiful daughter named Ana Laiton. She was born on March 10th, 2011 at 7:30 p.m.; she weighed 8lbs and 1 oz and was 21 inches long.I had her at Thomas Hospital in Fairhope, AL. I attended Perdido Elementary/Middle School from K-8th grade. I also attended Elberta Elementary in 2nd grade. I then went to Baldwin County High School from 9th-12th and graduated on May 12th, 2008. Then i went to Faulkner State Community College for Two years. I also attended Blue Cliff Career College for a year where i graduated and got my cosmetology licenses. After that, i attended Auburn University for a year. Now i am attending USA majoring in Elementary Education. I have lived in Perdido, Elberta, and Auburn.
My hobbies are spending time with my daughter and family. I also like to hang out with friends, go shopping, go to the movies and spend time at the river. I want to become a teacher because i had some pretty amazing ones that I looked up too and I would love to be someone who could help change kids life. I love being around kids and helping people out in general, so this is an amazing field to become a part of. I feel like it would be a great accomplishment to become a teacher and turn into a great role model for kids to learn from and to have someone there to look up to.

2.Randy Pausch
I learned that you have to make a plan and stick to it. Basically the best way to become better with your time management skills is to design a plan and follow it day by and day and try to avoid distractions at all cost.You need to basically write down everything to get done and accomplish it. No I do not know anything else about him. This was the first time i have heard of him.

3.Time Management
The things that would be helpful to me would be to make a daily planner and calendar that list everything that I need to get done for the day or the week. Then I would need to stick to my schedule and learn to say no. I would also then be able to see what my priorities are and where I need to spend more time and less time.Then also learn to avoid time wasters such as watching tv, facebooking, twittering,and talking on the phone. If I could come up with and stick to this daily planner then I think my time management would improve tremendously.

2 comments:

  1. What do you know about Randy Pausch now? Did you try to find out anything about him? You will encounter him again later in the semester. Look up people who write your assignments. It often makes the assignments more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your blog and learning about you, as well as your your family. My major is also elementary education. I agree with you, I had some amazing teachers who also inspired me and I hope to be just as memorable someday. I think some people don't realize how much of an impact teachers really have on kids and why it can be such a rewarding job.

    ReplyDelete