Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Blog Post # 4

Langwitches: Podcasting with First Graders & First Graders Creating Own Audio Books
I read the blogs about podcasting with first graders and first graders create own read along audio book by langwitches and listened to the audio clip by Joe Dale on the benefits of podcasting in the classroom. My reactions to the first two blogs, I was extremely shocked that first graders and second graders are podcasting and I am just now doing it as a junior in college. I think it is excellent that the teachers are incorporating this type of technology into the elementary schools. I would have loved to been able to do this when I was a kid. It is great to know that the children were eager to learn and exciting about doing their assignments. It is really great to start at a young age, teaching the kids the new technology that is in store for them. It is also great because they will be familiar with how these things work and it will benefit them in the long run. I'm a junior in college and I'm just now learning about all the different types of programs and things technology has created.
Joe Dales:The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom
The last one was really an eye grabber. Joe dale's video clip on the benefits of podcasting in the classroom was an amazing video. This short video clip had tons of very beneficial and very useful information.I had no idea all the benefits of podcasting. I have never did a pod cast before so I'm really new to all the information that was being presented. I feel like it will really help me out in the future with my pod cast assignments.I think this video really help me familiarize myself with all the benefits of pod casting. I will definitely use pod casting in my classroom when I become a teacher .


links to videos:

podcasting with first graders

First Graders Create Own Audio Books

Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joy!

    I really enjoyed your slideshow. I know that was the previous post, but I didn't want it to go unrecognized. I have a maltese and she is my world, so I know how spoiled they can be! Your daughter is precious, too!

    I really like how you could relate to the videos and chose to implement that into your writing. Try and be careful with your use of commas and repeating yourself. You mentioned being a junior and not being up to date with the technology twice in one paragraph. Sometimes I tend to get comma happy and put them where they aren't really necessary, so I can relate. Also, remember to proof read before you submit. There were a few mistakes here and there but it happens to everyone! Overall, I think you did a really good job with this post and it seems like you got some useful tips out of it, as well. Keep up the good work!

    April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I will try to be more careful with those commas. I tend to get too happy with them lol. Well thank you for your advice it is very much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Hey Joy,

    I too, wish that my elementary school would have been able to incorporate some type of podcasting in the classroom.

    April is right about proofreading. It is always helpful to read your post aloud. That sometimes helps me catch some mistakes that I make in posts.

    Also, you need to have working links in your post. This is very important for visitors to your blog. When I say "working links", I mean that the link needs to be "clickable". Come by the lab and ask one of the lab assistants for help with this.

    Thanks,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for helping me out with the working links I was very confused on how to do that.

      Delete