Wednesday, February 29, 2012

C4K Summary of February

C4K Summary




During the month of February I was able to follow four different kids. Each kid I was allowed to follow were from different countries and different in age groups.

The first kid I followed was from a class blog of 4th Graders. Her is name is Bigelow. Her post was about Japan. Her father had gone to Japan when she was six years old and she was amazed to know that her father did not have to learn Japanese. This was because everything is communicated through pictures. I responded by saying how neat it would be to visit Japan and how not be able to speak their language would be one of my biggest concerns. I also asked if she has ever gotten the chance to visit. I also told her I had no idea that they used pictures for everything.

Bigelow's post

The Second Kid I followed was Oscar. He goes to Broadway East ages 3 & 4 class 6 in England. His post was about about his half term break . He talked about going to the beach, his great cousin from France coming to visit, walking his aunt's dogs and that he saw some space telescopes. I was impressed that 3 and 4 year old were blogging. I just responded by saying how impressed I was and that this was my first year ever blogging. I also mentioned that I was in astronomy and learning about telescopes myself.
Oscar's Blog

The third kid I followed was Abby. She is in Mr. Chamberlains's 8th grade class in Noel, MO. Her post was about cyberbullying.She explained about how a girl shared her password with her friend and then her friend logged onto her account and bullied other people. In result, she got in big trouble and had to move schools and make new friends. This would follow with her the rest of her life. I agreed with her that it is best to keep your personal things secret and not share them with even your friends. You never what it can result in.

Abby's Blog

The fourth kid I followed was 5p14.This student is in Mrs. T.G's 5th grade class in Iowa. They basically just posted about how they like music and how it is made. I responded by telling them how much I loved music and how I like to sing and dance to it.
5p14JL Blog





I really enjoy doing the commenting for kids portion of our blogging. It is very neat to read kids post from all over the world.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joy,

    Great job on your comments for Kids! I think it is great that you are seeing so many students from different countries. These students are always so excited when the see a comment from the U.S.

    Keep up the good work!

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete