Tuesday, March 27, 2012

C4T#3

My C4T:)
The teacher I followed was Mr. Bernia and these were his two post and my responses.

Be a leader!
His first post that I commented on was Be a Leader! In this blog post this is what he mentioned This morning, I had the opportunity to speak to a room full of high school students who are leaders from all over our county to kick off their 2012 regional conference. When I thought about what to say to these young people, it occurred to me that their groups, whether they are a student council, honor society, or leadership class, were all non-profit organizations. In that spirit, I spoke with them about how the groups we lead are different, and that we needed to be aware of that reality when we do our work.Contrasting what non-profits do with the private sector, I urged all of the students to “think of ways to deliver exceptional services to our consumers efficiently.” I went on to define our “consumers” as their peers, their local community, or even the global community. While I am confident that some working in industry would agree with my ideas and see some similarities to what the principles that lead corporations or small businesses, I tried my best to talk about how leading a non-profit organization is unique.
He also included a youtube video that you can watch: His presentation

My Response:
Mr. Bernia,

I’m a student at the University of South Alabama in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class and will be commenting on you post and then posting them to my blog April 1st. I really enjoyed your prezi.It was really neat and very informational on the leadership topic. I think you did a great job explaining how leading non profit organizations are different from all the rest. Thanks for all the information it was very motivating and helped me gain more knowledge on leadership.


His second blog post was about Respect the process!

In this post he mentioned that the truth is that the collaborative nature of our profession does not lend itself to top down mandates. In addition, while educators have opened doors and shared more with the arrival of PLCs, teaching remains a private practice. Commitment to implementing a strategy or idea is still ultimately the decision of each teacher, making engaging them in a process and building consensus even more important.Whether it is planning for professional development, instruction, assessment, setting up a school committee or making an important organizational decision, respecting the process will always get us closer to solutions rather than mandating change. There are 60 miles of road between the great idea someone comes up with and its implementation. Respecting the process allows everyone to travel that road and sets us up for success.

My response:
Im Joy Eady and I have already commented on one of your blog post and now will comment on this one and publish it to my blogger today:) I would like to thank you for allowing me to comment on your posts. I really appreciate you pointing out that all the teachers need to come to one agreement on the teaching methods that should be the most effective to use through out the year. They might not have much uniformity,but they will be effective in the learning process. Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment