Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blog Post #12

Media Fast
picture
This activity was easy for a couple of hours, but I couldn't make it the full 24 hours. I could do without facebook, twitter, and listening to the radio and watching t.v. for 24 hours with no problem. It is the using the phone that gets me; I like to text and talk on the phone a lot. I am constantly calling and checking on my daughter, texting and talking to my boyfriend through out the day, and then having my daily conversations with my best friends. I find it extremely hard not to be able to talk on the phone.I can not go all day without asking how my daughter is doing.I wish that I could go 24 hours without any use of technology, I would probably get more things done around the house,or at least some what more. I am going to keep continuing on practicing not using certain technologies for a day and see if I can eventually make it a full 24 hours without one single use of technology.
picture
This activity was quite a challenge for me , but I really enjoyed trying to accomplish it. I mean anyone could say they did it and really did not. I am being completely honest on how hard it was for me. Media devices are really not all that important and people really should take time and break away from so much usage. I mean I am always spending quality time with my family so I should of tried a weekend day to accomplish the no phone, so I could just come visit with family. I facebook and twitter a lot, but that is not a problem to walk away from. Sometimes you need a break from the real world and time to just gather your thoughts and relax. I think that everyone at least once a week should go without the use of media devices. It would help them out a great deal in life. Students now days and in future days live on media devices and will always want to be on them. My students will have to adjust to not using electronic entertainment and media devices all the time. The students will be assigned to use media devices on some assignments. I will use media devices to teach, but not for every single lesson. My classroom will be a fun, interesting, and exciting learning environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment