Friday, April 20, 2012

Special Post #12A

Creativity & Curiosity
picture
There are many schools,not all schools, that do not encourage their students to be creative or the least bit curious. When schools and teachers do this is takes away from the children being able to use their imagination and show their creativity and how well they really understand the subject.Some of the teachers hate their job and want to return home soon as they walk through the door. Then you have other teachers that want to stick with the same teaching routine that has been around for years and years.Teachers need to step outside the box and find new ways of teaching. Most teachers are just comfortable with the old school teaching ways and may be scared to try something new. Some of the teachers may think that being curious and creative is too much of a challenge. Being curious is known to get you in trouble from time to time, but when it comes to education and learning the students need to be curious. Teachers have a way of drilling facts into their students and them never questioning whether or not the teacher could be wrong. The teachers and schools can develop a curriculum to help increase the curiosity and creativity of students. It is okay for changes to happen, not all changes are bad ones.The teachers have to be up for the challenge. Teachers should want to have fun and interact with the students. Just because students want to be curious does not mean that the teachers can not have rules set up to follow. teachers need to be open to listening to the students opinions.This change and new curriculum should be a well thought out process not just thrown together. The teachers can assign projects that allows the students to use their imagination, show their creativity and express their feelings.They should get to use new technology to help increase their creativity.
picture
The teachers should want to inspire their students and be role models for them. The students should be allowed for their curiosity to take place after the teacher delivers an assignment or lectures on a particular subject.The teachers need to mention things or ideas that the students will want to research or have to research to gather more information on that matter. If a teachers ask for more involvement and gives bonus points or some type of reward for being curious and looking more in depth into a subject matter or topic. Curiosity will help spark the students creativity.It is also always necessary that a teacher be excited and really interested in the subject that they are speaking about that way the kids will want to be more involved in learning about it. I would have to mention that I try to be real creative when it comes to school,but that doesn't always work out so well for me. I really hope to become more creative as my education continues. I hope to be real creative once I become a teacher. I really haven't had to many opportunities to be creative until this semester with this class and my HS365 class. I should become more curious and be more inspired to step outside my box and find my creativity. I think it would benefit me more for teachers and schools to have me involved in sharing my different ideas. I feel that I need to be challenged a lot more to make me dig deep and hit my creativity mark in life.You always have to mix things up and be up for a change when you are a teacher. So I need to step outside my comfort zone and try to be more creative when it comes to school projects. I feel as if I need to be challenged more and I would love for teachers to mention ideas and people or things that would require me to do further research and make my curiosity flow.
picture
Links :) Curiosity fuels Creativity Educating the Next Steve Jobs

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. Good ideas. Well written.

    You have set a goal of becoming more curious and creative. Do it!

    ReplyDelete